Daniel Z. Atwater: Curriculum Vitae
Assistant Professor of Biology
Earlham College Greenhouse Manager
- Ph.D. Ecology, 2012. The University of Montana: “Interplay between competition and evolution in invaded and native plant communities” (GPA: 4.0).
- B.S. Organismal Biology, Honors, 2004. University of Kansas (GPA: 3.5).
- Assistant Professor, 2018-present. Earlham College, Department of Biology.
- Lecturer, 2017. North Carolina State University, Department of Biological Sciences.
- Affiliate Faculty, 2017-present. Virginia Tech.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, 2014-2017. Virginia Tech. Advisor: Jacob Barney.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, 2012-2013. University of Nevada, Reno; Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Science. Advisor: Elizabeth Leger.
- Graduate Student, 2007-2012. The University of Montana, Department of Organismal Biology and Ecology. Advisor: Ragan Callaway.
- Research Technician, 2006-2007. The University of Montana, Department of Chemistry. Advisor: Klára Briknarová.
- Research Technician, 2004-2007. Cornell University, Department of Clinical Sciences. Advisor: Richard Goldstein, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM), DECVIM-CA.
- Research Technician, 2003-2004. University of Kansas, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. Advisor: Craig Martin.
- NSF Summer REU, 2003. Harvard University, Harvard Forest. Advisor: Aaron Ellison.
- Dual NSF Yearlong REUs, 2001-2003. University of Kansas, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. Advisor: Daphne Fautin.